Hello Valerie and everyone
I’m quite sad to announce that we have to
postpone the workshop on SignWriting that we were planning for 10-11-12
of June in Rome.
In fact, we haven’t had enough deaf people inscribed.
I think this is explainable by 2 main situations that are going on in
Italy:
- The 12th of June there is a very important referendum poll in
Italy, to avoid the construction of nuclear power plants in our (very
seismic) territory: to vote, we have to be in the city where we live,
so this avoids a lot of people to come to Rome for our workshop.
- The
Deaf Community is now fighting for the recognition by Italian law of
the Italian Sign Language. Every way of communication used by Italian
Deaf people (institutional and private web site, video-blogs, social
networks…) is full of information about the organization of sit-in,
protests, reunions… so our announce of the workshop was literally
submerged by post connected to the LIS recognition’s fight.
Because of
those two situation, we think that postpone the workshop after the
summer will increase our possibility to have more people inscribed, so
our possibility to do the workshop. I’ll write you more when we have
decided when the workshop will take place; we think it will be at the
end of September.

:-) (even if today I feel more ":-(" about this
postponing )
Claudia

Non temiamo alcun confronto: Tiscali ha l'Adsl più veloce d'Italia!Risparmia con Tutto Incluso Light: Voce + Adsl 20 mega a soli 17,95 € al mese per 12 mesi.http://abbonati.tiscali.it/telefono-adsl/prodotti/tc/tuttoincluso_light/?WT.mc_id=01fw