I'd put the hand 90 degrees with the 2nd and third fingers on opposite sides of the nose. It's not a pinch, it's holding a red clown nose.
Charles

--- On Mon, 9/12/11, Bill Reese <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Bill Reese <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: AW: NEW: Clown correction
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, September 12, 2011, 6:22 PM

    So if I should write it like this:

    it would be wrong one way and right another?  Looks like I would be
    saying "peuw" rather than "clown" anyways.  lol

    Bill

    On 9/12/2011 4:45 PM, Valerie Sutton wrote:
    SignWriting List
      September 12, 2011

      Hi Charles -
      Thanks for this message!

      The word intuitive is used in different ways - no one says
        the thumbs match - of course they don't!

      But it is intuitive for us in other ways - we like placing
        the right hand on the right side of the body, because for us, it
        goes back to the old stick figure - before we used to write the
        arm lines attached to these hand symbols and they still do in
        Denmark and sometimes in schools, and since the right arm is on
        the right side of the body, it feels best to me anyway, to have
        the right hand on the right side of the body...but of course the
        details of the thumbs are not perfect - you are absolutely right
        - in the long run though, people do read stick figures and when
        you take the stick figure away and leave just the hands, you
        have the hands on the right side of the face - so we were never
        saying that the photo and the symbol match one hundred percent -
        they never have since the beginning of the system - but when we
        write, there is an intuitive feeling to the writing system
        anyway - at least that is what others tell me - I respect your
        concern and please go right ahead and write as you wish - we are
        just documenting what the symbols represent to us -