SignWriting List
August 25, 2012

See my answer below -

------

On Aug 25, 2012, at 11:44 AM, Arthaey Angosii wrote:

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I LOVE the magic of searching Google for SignWriting and finding new
projects almost weekly!

I wanted to point out http://www.google.com/alerts can search Google
for you and email you only new results immediately, once a day, or
once a week. You might enjoy creating an alert for SignWriting. :)
Arthaey

-----------

Hello Arthaey and Maria -
Thank you for this idea, Arthaey - I just did this…I signed up for "SignWriting sign language" …it is important say sign language in the search because otherwise you get a bunch of sites that paint neon signs on buildings - which is a profession called Signwriting in some countries…so if you do what Arthaey suggests, Maria, be sure to put "SignWriting sign language" in the search field…

And I got this listing:

Some we clearly know, but there are a few I never heard of...

SignWriting: Read, write, type all Sign Languages of the Deaf. Sign Languages are written languages! Free lessons, literature, software. Shop online for ...
SignWriting is a system of writing sign languages. It is highly featural and visually iconic, both in the shapes of the characters, which are abstract pictures of the ...
It uses visual symbols to represent the handshapes, movements, and facial expressions of signed languages. SignWriting is based on Sutton DanceWriting, ...
SignWriting Software for Sign Languages, including SignPuddle Online, SignBank Databases in FileMaker, SignWriting DocumentMaker, SignWriting Image ...
SignWriting is a way to produce a written form of sign language, and has educational benefits for deaf children.
Mar 13, 2007 ... Research is demonstrating that the techniques of sign writing, along with learning sign language, are increasing children's skills in language ...
Sign Language and SignWriting signwriting 66 views 2 months ago signed in ASL by Lucinda O'Grady Batch Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting signed in ...
Signing Savvy, Your Sign Language Resource · New User? Sign Up! forgot password? Home · Dictionary · Learning · FAQ · About Us ...
coding sign language texts, written in SignWriting, in an application and computer ... Section 4 pictures the overall scenario of SignWriting-based sign language ...
SignWriting Encyclopedia Projects Writing Encyclopedias in the Sign Languages of the World Encyclopedia Project
SignWriting for Sign Languages. 23 likes · 1 talking about this.
Workshop on the Representation and Processing of Sign Languages. From SignWriting to Image Processing. Information techniques and their implications for ...
Jun 1, 2012 ... SignWriting is the international script for writing any sign language. It was invented by Valerie Sutton in 1974. It was written by hand exclusively ...
This paper proposes an approach to the computer processing of deaf sign languages that uses SignWriting as the writing system for deaf sign languages, and ...
In 1996, we began experimenting with a literacy project. Our intention was to teach Deaf Nicaraguans to read and write their own language. Please consider: ...
1. Research and Products. This project represents the first attempt to write Swiss German Sign Language texts using 'SignWriting' notation. Although there is still ...
Sign Language
The SignWriting system is a writing system for deaf sign languages. ... Keywords: Deaf sign languages, SignWriting, SignWriting Markup Language, SWML, ...
sign or a signed sentence for everyday purposes. In this paper, after describing previous notation systems in sign language, the most suitable sign writing ...
ing of deaf sign languages that uses SignWriting as the writing system for deaf sign languages, and SWML (SignWriting Markup Language) as its computer ...
@signwriting. Sign Languages are written languages! Read and write any sign language in the world. The Center for Sutton Movement Writing is an educational ...
Learn to read and write Sign Languages in SignWriting; Write and preserve Sign Language literature that is originally composed in Sign Language by Deaf ...
Status, Currently in use. Use, limited use. Language, American Sign Language [ ase]. Script, SignWriting [Sgnw]. CLDR Locale ...
Signwriters in Wodonga, Victoria, 3690 - Deano's Sign Language, Hand Painted and Computer Generated Signs, Designs, Logos + More! - Yellow Pages® ...
This will benefit all the sign languages in the world. The list in the PDF of sign languages that are already written in SignWriting is impressively long.

-------

ASL Wikipedia Project on Wikimedia Labs
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org