August 25, 2012

Here is an example of a project that was new to me, a few months ago, when I found it on the web, from Japan!

This paper was published in 2008, and I know software was produced in 2009…I will look for the software link, but Google just found the paper in 2008:

A Study of Notation and Sign Writing Systems for the Deaf
sign or a signed sentence for everyday purposes. In this paper, after describing previous notation systems in sign language, the most suitable sign writing ...
www.uri.edu/iaics/content/.../08%20Mihoko%20Kato.pdf

Actually I believe the authors visited Stefan Woehrmann in Germany years ago, which is wonderful, but I was not aware of their published papers and software development….Thank you to the authors in Japan!!

You have my gratitude, and thank you for placing the documents on the web -

ASL Wikipedia Project on Wikimedia Labs
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org