Hoi,

At this time in between Christmas and the new year, it is also a time for fun things to do. So I prepared a challenge for you in the hope that you will like it.

The Gallaudet university awards yearly the Laurent Clerc award [1]. So far there have been 43 recipients. Only three of them have a Wikipedia article on the English Wikipedia.

The objective of this challenge is to show deaf people who are winners. To make a start for you I have added all 43 Laurent Clerc award winners in Wikidata [2]. You can take part in this challenge by:
Wikipedia has a new feature called "draft". I know it exists but I do not know the finer details. There is a draft article about Valerie [3], this article can also do with some TLC.

I hope you like this challenge of mine. If there is an award, it is that deaf people and deaf culture will get more positive attention.
Thanks,
    Gerard

[1] http://www.gallaudet.edu/development_and_alumni_relations/alumni_relations/alumni_association_(guaa)/awards/clerc_award.html
[2] http://tools.wmflabs.org/reasonator/?q=6501096