SignWriting List
May 16, 2014


To answer your D question…

The vertical line coming from the center of the Shoulder Line is the Spine - we write the Spine occasionally (rarely)

So in the attached screen capture, the third one down in the left column, is the Shoulder Line and the Spine…

The third one down in the center column shows the Shoulder Line, the Spine and the Hip Line -

If a sign were to touch down the spinal area behind the back, it could be used to show the area of contact, or…if there is movement in the spine, like undulation like a fish, or a snorkeler, then the Spine Line is written and the Movement Symbol is placed to the side to show the movement of the spine -

  Val ;-)



Valerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator [log in to unmask]

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: [log in to unmask]

SignWriting List Archives & Home Page

Join, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages