Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 19:06:46 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SignWriting Symposium...Preparing your presentations...
To: [log in to unmask]
May 31, 2014
Hello Symposium presenters...
There are two parts to your presentation…
1. The LIVE online discussion on Google Hangouts and YouTube in July. It will be for 20 minutes to 30 minutes with questions from the viewers. So you will have 40 minutes at most to tell people about your work and point them to your web page for more in-depth learning and viewing...
2. Your Web Archive page will include your Abstract, bio, links to videos, PowerPoint slides and documents, that will remain on the web. Your videos can be of any length (they can be long), and your written papers can be as long or as short as you wish…anything to archive your presentation.
The theme of the SignWriting Symposium 2014 is “40 Years of Writing Sign Languages”, since it is exactly 40 years, since SignWriting began in 1974.
1. Presentations deadline: July 7, 2014
2. Your presentation can be ANY length you choose.
3. There are three Presentation Venues: written papers, slide presentations and video presentations.
a. Written Papers accepted in the following formats:
b. Slide Presentations accepted in the following programs:
• Google Docs
c. Video Presentations accepted in the following formats:
4. Software demonstrations through download links can also accompany any of the above three venues.
5. You can present in one, two or all of the above three venues.
You are welcome to send me your above work any time you feel ready…as soon as I receive your work, I will post it on your web page in advance of the Symposium…
I am working on your web pages now, based on your Presentation number. It will probably take me all of June to do a good job with 42 web pages - we have 40 presentation web pages plus 2 introductory web pages and of course the directory of presenters ;-)
Thanks to all of you - Your presentations are very remarkable -
SIGNWRITING LIST INFORMATION
SignWriting List moderator
[log in to unmask]
Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
[log in to unmask]
SignWriting List Archives & Home Page
Join, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages