Hi Fabrizio,
    Thank you for all your answers!!

I tried http://visel.di.uniroma1.it/SWift/ but I can't seem to get past the first screen.  When I click on either of the big button, I only get blank screens.

Jonathan
On 7/22/2014 5:48 AM, Fabrizio Borgia wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Hi Jonathan,
thanks for contacting us, and thanks for your interest in the SWORD project and in its digital artifacts.
Here are our answers:
  1. SWift is currently licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.5) license.
    You can find further information about such license here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/
  2. SWift is currently on Alpha phase, it is actually functonal, but we plan to add/upgrade a number of features in the future.
  3. SWift is not actually downloadable (so far), since no installation bundle has been produced yet. Anyway, everyone can use SWift by visiting the following address: http://visel.di.uniroma1.it/SWift/.
  4. The best place is definitely Claudia's Ph.D. thesis (http://www.csbianchini.com/index.php/liste-commentee-des-publications?showall=&start=3), explaination of the rationale for the new classification availble on Part 4 - Ch. I, and a mini-manual avaialble on Appendix III.
  5. The main problem is that the re-classification is partly theoretical, meaning that the glyphs have been defined, but not yet drawn (we do not have founding nor time at the moment to perform the drawing of the whole set of glyphs).
  6. The puppet is language dependent: we have a flash-based version, and a JavaScript/JQuery version, so it can be embedded into web applications. Anyway, porting the puppet for other programming languages should be a very easy task (it is just a set of images, and a set of event handlers).
  7. As the user composes a ad-hoc glyph, he/she is required to choose an anatomic area for it. We encode the glyph using such information, and a progressive counter.
  8. This feature is currently unsupported, since we'd like to discourage the indiscriminate use of the ad-hoc composition functionality. We are planning to insert this funcionality soon, anyway, with some limitations.

Thanks!

Hi Claudia, Maria, Fabrizio,
    Thank you for your presentations today.  Very interesting.  Thank you for your good work with SWORD and SWIFT.  I had a few questions for you but was not able to ask them and get answers due to time limitations.

So here they are.
Thanks

What is SWIFT program licensed under?
At what stage of programing is SWIFT at? Alpha, Beta, or Production?
Where can we download SWIFT?
Where is the best place to get a concise explanation of the reclasification of the symbols and the rules?
Is ISWA Bianchini available for other programs to implement?
Can the puppet be implemented in other programs?
How are ad hoc glyphs encoded? Several ISWA Bianchini codes with positon, etc? Can user create new ad hoc glyphs?
Can the ad hoc glyph be saved to be added to signs written latter?

Thanks once again.

Regards
--

email: [log in to unmask]