September 8, 2014

Hello Everyone -
I am glad to see you were able to automate this simplified sequence, Jonathan - that is good news.

And thank you Adam for your excellent answers...

Between caring for my Mom, who needs daily care, and trying to raise funds to pay those who need work, and to keep our server fees paid and so forth, and not being young myself (smile), I am generally choosing not to chat too much…and I don’t want to influence your new ideas…

Regarding not getting Charles’ email, I have no idea. Please check The SignWriting List Archives from time to time to see what messages you are missing:

SignWriting List Archives

I can write to the tech support people at Valencia Community College later for you -

Regarding your question Jonathan, I am afraid I don’t understand the question - Can you ask it again in a very simple message?

Adam answered the way I might have answered. Adam is correct that is the detailed location is touching the palm of the hand or the tip of a finger then the symbols he shows below would be the detailed location.

But location can also be depth - how close and how far from the chest are those beginning hand positions - it can also be face and head - so if one is really parsing Syllable 4, which is for Location, then Location can be a variety of options and they are all marked by symbols that most of the time are not used in daily writing except the head and face might be…

There are not many examples of these Syllable 4 signs because from my personal research people didn’t lookup under Syllable 4 very much - it was rarely needed at all - most people look up by simple hand symbol and palm facing and that is it - and if they need a little more then they look up by movement symbol connected to the first hand symbol - but the location lookups are only really needed when there are many signs with close to the same SignSpellings -

Val ;-)