SignWriting Symposium 2016
LIVE ONLINE July 18-21, 2016
Abstracts & Papers, Slides & Video Presentations on
SignWriting in Education, Literature, Software & Research
The purpose of the SignWriting Symposium Online is to bring people together to share SignWriting projects, not only during the Live Presentation July 18-21, 2016, but also in a Symposium Web Archive that will remain on the web for future generations.
2016 CALL FOR PAPERS
Submit Abstract Title & Category by May 4th, 2016
Submit One-Page Abstract by June 8, 2016
Submit Presentation by July 6, 2016
Online live presentation: July 18-21, 2016
There are no limits to the amount of presentations one author can submit. Feel free to submit as many as you wish.
Because we can only present a few hours each day online during the four days of the Symposium on July 18-21, we do not know how many of your presentations can be accepted as online presentations. If there is not enough time to present all of your submissions, it is still good to submit them to us. We can talk about which presentations are more important to you, if a choice has to be made, but still present your other presentations on a web page, so they will still get exposure and remain on the web. Your work is valuable to all SignWriting users and will become web pages no matter what, with or without live presentations.
1. One-Page Abstract deadline: June 8, 2016
2. Write an abstract that describes your presentation in one page or less.
3. At the top of your abstract, please state:
a. TITLE of presentation
c. AFFILIATIONS of authors (if no affiliations, leave blank)
d. CONTACT INFO (email, web, affiliation address, country)
e. LANGUAGES used in presentation, both sign and spoken languages (can be presented in multiple languages)
f. STATE A CATEGORY that best fits your submission:
• SignWriting in Education
• SignWriting in Literature
• SignWriting in Software
• SignWriting in Research
4. Send your Abstract to these 3 email addresses:
5. Acceptance notices will be sent after your Abstract is received and reviewed.
6. Abstracts will be posted on a SWS-2016 web page.
1. Presentations deadline: July 6, 2016
2. Your presentation can be ANY length you choose, just as long as it is about SignWriting.
3. There are three Presentation Venues: written papers, slide presentations and video presentations.
a. Written Papers accepted in the following formats:
b. Slide Presentations accepted in the following programs:
c. Video Presentations accepted in the following formats:
4. Software demonstrations through download links can also accompany any of the above three venues.
5. You can present in one, two or all of the above three venues.
SYMPOSIUM LIVE ONLINE
You are welcome to join us live on the Symposium dates: July 18-21, 2016, on the web.
We will provide a schedule of online events, and information on how to use the software to present online, if you wish to participate live. But there are no requirements to present live. Your written papers, slide presentations and video presentations will represent your work, with or without your live participation.
Before the presentation deadline, we will announce how to post your presentations on the web directly.
We look forward to reading and viewing your work with SignWriting, and to possibly meet you in July 2016 online!
SignWriting Symposium Home
SignWriting Symposium 2014
SignWriting Symposium 2015
SignWriting Symposium 2016
SignWriting Symposium on Facebook
SIGNWRITING LIST INFORMATION
Valerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator [log in to unmask]
Post Messages to the SignWriting List: [log in to unmask]
SignWriting List Archives & Home Page http://www.signwriting.org/forums/swlist
Join, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages http://listserv.valenciacollege.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1