I guess it could be written with a "forward-back” movement.

If I were writing the full movement cluster, then there wouldn’t be any issues as it would be clear what the left and right hands are doing. However, with how I am shortening the writing, there is no left movement written in the movement cluster. The idea is to allow the timing symbol to provide that information. Generally I have found that it works, but this approach seems to fail in this case where I have two possible “every other time” movements.

Basically I have one movement where both hands travel along similar path at different times, and the other where both hands also move along similar paths at different times but in different directions.

I will try to get a video of me singing these difference, so you know what is being referred to.