On Jun 23, 2020, at 8:14 AM, Stephen Slevinski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Hi SignWriting List,
I am currently in the process of open sourcing SignPuddle 2.
As we prepare for the server move later this year, I need to make two major changes to the SignPuddle 2 source code. These changes are required to lower the burden of running SignPuddle 2 on the new server.
First, SignWriting images will use the TrueType fonts rather than image scripts. Second, the backend will use a database rather than XML.
Right now, I have a decision I need to make. Do I move forward with the changes and get it working as soon as possible? Or do I upload all of the current code and add instructions for installing with the existing code before I start the modifications? I would be interested in your opinions.
PS - We are currently 60% of the way towards supporting the costs for new server hosting. If you are financially able, consider joining our patreon campaign to support our work and ensure that the SignWriting websites continue to be available.
SIGNWRITING LIST INFORMATION
Valerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator [log in to unmask]
Post Messages to the SignWriting List: [log in to unmask]
SignWriting List Archives & Home Page http://www.signwriting.org/forums/swlist
Join, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages http://listserv.valenciacollege.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1