Hi SignWriting list,

The SignWriting organization gets many questions privately.
Our answers are usually informative and helpful.
Here is a recent anonymized question and my response.

Have you considered Signwriting dictionaries, New Testament in app form for Google Play, Apple (iPad, iPhone, MAC) for free?  I have Google Play on my phone & I have a MAC laptop computer.

SignWriting apps are still in infancy.

I am currently working on freely available SignWriting Web Components.
These components will make it easier for other developers to create
mobile apps, desktop applications, and interactive websites.

I'll be posting version 0.6.0 of the sgnw-components later today.
Here's a preview of the technology on the SignWriting Stream.
https://youtu.be/GhJASYzMP-Y

The SignWriting organization itself will probably not be publishing apps.
We lack the funds and the developer time.

I plan to stay focused on developing the SignWriting Web Components.
As the components fill out and mature, I believe new apps will start to appear.
Will someone create a free ASL Bible dictionary app? I hope so.

When I have a stable version 1.0 available for the SignWriting Web Components,
I will create a prototype app as a proof of concept.
I will teach this development stack on the SignWriting Stream.

My previous attempt at creating an app is usable on the ipad and almost usable on mobile.
You can view the ASL Bible dictionary with SignMaker 2017.
https://www.signbank.org/signmaker/#?ui=en&dictionary=ase2

It is possible to install this on your Mac.
The source is available on GitHub.
https://github.com/Slevinski/signmaker

The dictionary can be downloaded and installed to your local copy of SignMaker.
Unfortunately, it does not update files automatically.
Any changes you make are written to the browser's cache.
It will persist between uses unless you have your computer set to clear cache on close.
It could be wrapped as an installable app, but is more of a prototype and has issues.
https://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0049.html

Regards
-Steve

https://SteveSlevinski.me