Hello Sutthikhun,

I have a question for you about GOOD LUCK. Are the facial expressions obligatory, meaning does the sign become unable to be understood if they are not included?

I realize that this is something that can only be answered by a native user, and I don’t know if you are or not. The reason I ask is that I know that in ASL there are often has facial expressions that are necessary for signs to be understood, but not always. I have found that “emotive” expressions are not necessary unless writing a narrative or story. So a dictionary entry might not necessarily have “emotive" expression written even if the videos have them. (I also include mouth movement left over from spoken languages as “emotive” expressions as well, but there may be times where it is an obligatory expression instead, so it is left up to the native users to decide.)

Adam