through the SIL Linux package repository; https://packages.sil.org/)
Please visit https://soosl.net/software.html
for more information and to download this new software.
New and improved features:
Current SooSL users will be notified of this update the next
time they run the program.
- ***Upload to WebSooSL feature added including
support for uploading to either a public or private version
of the same dictionary.
- Tool menu items reordered.
- Improved "About SooSL" dialog.
- Improved "About Dictionary" dialog.
- Improved startup screen (displays and logs progress).
- Improved file dialogs used for opening, importing and
- File extensions are now case-insensitive in file
dialogs. (.mp4 = .MP4)
- When importing a dictionary from a ZooZL file, you can
now specify the new project's folder name.
- Tools menu automatically opens (with usage advice) when
opening SooSL without a dictionary.
- Reinstate sign count in status bar of main window. (Also
still available in "About dictionary" dialog.)
- Updated interface (display language) translations in
Spanish, French, and Romanian.
- Updated and improved help files covering both the
desktop and web versions of SooSL.
- Revised the words used to describe SooSL, for
consistency across SooSL Desktop, SooSL Web, and help files.
*** Yes, we can publish dictionaries online at https://web.soosl.net
, that can now
be updated directly from Desktop SooSL.
If this is something that you may be interested in,
please contact us through our website at: https://soosl.net/contact.html
A few fixes to known issues:
As always, our advice before upgrading to a new version of
SooSL is to export any important projects that you are
currently working on, in order to protect your valuable sign
- Word list not reloading after deleting sign [macOS] -
- Occasional crashes on opening [Windows] - fixed.
- File locks not working over network [Linux] - fixed.
We are not expecting you to have problems, but projects will be
updated in order to work with the new software, and will no
longer be compatible with 0.9.1 and earlier versions.
We hope that you enjoy using this new version of SooSL and we
want to thank you for your continued interest and support.
SooSL Development Team